How does it work? - (More information about FilmRaiser)
Welcome to FilmRaiser! Here is WAY more information than you asked for...everything you need to have an incredible movie weekend:
FilmRaiser is a super breezy program—and we strive to offer you the simplest, social fundraising events you will ever run. People go to the movies anyway—so nothing is really different—except with us you get to keep 10% of the box office!!
REGISTER now (if you haven't already)—to get our emails and find out when exciting new films are available as fundraisers for your cause.
- FilmRaiser welcomes schools, clubs and causes—and many wonderful organizations, both national and local.
- Including community sports teams, churches, youth programs, non-profits, social groups and fundraising projects.
- (You do not need 501c3 charity status).
- THE PROGRAM IS FREE to organize. And movie tickets are face value.
- FilmRaiser works at ANY MOVIE THEATER where tickets can be bought on Fandango.
- 10% of the box office revenue comes back to your cause—from any ticket bought (on Fandango)—to any showing on Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday of opening weekend for the film being offered. It all adds to the your earnings!
- After opening weekend—we will tally the box office sales and mail a check to you.
- The opportunity works all day, for each screening, and runs ALL OPENING WEEKND LONG.
- PLUS - your community can promote the event to relatives and friends ALL OVER THE COUNTRY—anywhere in the US where someone buys tickets to see the movie through your unique link on our website—money comes back to your cause!
- And after reaching local friends, family, co-workers and into your community—your team should reach out to contacts and friends in other cities to participate by selecting your cause on our website. It's pretty awesome. : )
- We will notify you every month or so when new movies become available as fundraisers.
- Studios decide which films are chosen...but we aim to give you several weeks to prepare.
- Participate as often as you like!
- You can select the movies that fit your community—and skip others.
HOW EVENTS WORK:
- We'll email you to announce a new movie.
- You'll have the option to select the movie as a FilmRaiser for your cause.
- Click YES.
- We'll send you some great studio art (digital posters).
- And we'll show you how to easily add the name of your cause to the poster.
- Then SEND people to www.FilmRaiser.com!
- When they select your cause from a list—a unique Fandango link will pop up.
- Any tickets to the movie bought on Fandango through that link track back to your school!
PS. You'll only ever need to promote three things:
- DATES FOR THE MOVIE / OPENING WEEKEND
- WHERE TO GET TICKETS - (www.FilmRaiser.com)
- YOUR SCHOOL NAME / OR CAUSE
And after opening weekend we will send you a check!
Hopefully some of this helps! We also have a great support center with tons of answers to popular questions—and an endless page of comments from happy schools we’ve recently worked with. It's our report card. : )
** CRITICAL ** CHECK IF YOUR LOCAL THEATERS SELL TICKETS ON FANDANGO **
Enter your ZIP CODE into the theater search on Fandango.com—and check that you can CLICK ON A SHOWTIME to buy tickets. (We rely on Fandango to confirm tickets sold—so let's make sure Fandango sells tickets to your local theaters!)
Find us anytime with questions.
We are going to do everything we can to help you score big at the box office! : )
Did you find this article helpful?